In order to ensure the highest level of safety for our guests and our staff, we have made changes to a number of our procedures. The main ones relating to your stay can be read below.
Arrival & Check-In
- If you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new and persistent cough, or loss or taste and smell), or have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days then please contact us to postpone your stay.
- If you live in a Tier 3 (Very High) COVID alert area outside North Devon, please contact us to reschedule your stay – this is following current government guidelines, which ask those people in a Tier 3 area to avoid staying overnight in another area of the UK.
- In the case of a late cancellation (within 48 hours before arrival) due to COVID-19 reasons, we will still take full payment for the reservation on the date of original arrival, but this will be carried over to the rescheduled stay (which must be before the end of 2021). Evidence may be asked for to verify the cancellation reason.
- Please use the provided hand sanitiser on entering the Guest House
- As we are encouraging contactless check-out, we will confirm the details of the card you wish to pay with at check-in. Payment will be taken on the morning of departure on this card, and a receipt sent to you via email.
- We’ll ask you what time you would like breakfast – in order to enhance guest flow and safety, we’ll be staggering these as much as possible
Bedrooms & Housekeeping
- For our full cleaning procedures, please see the separate link to the left
- Daily room servicing is only available on request. Should you require this service, rooms will need to be vacant and personal items stowed away.
- If you don’t require a full room service, we’ll check with you at breakfast if you need any top-up of the consumables in the room (eg. tea/coffee) – these will be left in a paper bag outside your room.
- Please endeavour to adhere to your agreed breakfast time as much as possible
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided on entering and exiting the breakfast room
- Items that are usually on the buffet (eg. juices, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts) will be served to your individual table
Guest Lounge & Honesty Bar
- Our guest lounge will continue to be open 24h
- In line with the latest regulations, alcoholic drinks from the Honesty Bar cannot currently be consumed in our Guest Lounge – however, you are welcome to take them to your room to enjoy
- Guests are welcome to eat takeaway in the tables in the Guest Lounge – there are 3 tables which are a minimum of 1m apart. Please use your consideration when sitting in the lounge to respect social distancing with other guests.
- On the morning of check-out, we will charge your room and any extras to the card details we have on file, and email you a copy of your bill. If you have any queries, please speak to a member of staff at breakfast.
- Please leave your windows open when vacating to allow for ventilation of your room prior to us entering for housekeeping
- To check-out, simply leave your key in the lock on your room door